Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting Closer to Monopoly Money

Tomorrow the Treasury Department will release the newly designed $100 bill. You can look at it here:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/04/21/hundred.dollar.bill/index.html?hpt=C1

I have one word to say, “BEAT.”

How does making money look more like Monopoly money make it less able to be counterfeit? I challenge these government clowns to keep the bills looking “old school” instead of beat-school, and put all these foo-foo security features into the old school looking bills. Benjamin should have a SMALL HEAD and be “green” not “pink!” The only bill yet to be ruined is the dolla dolla bill.

I could careless if they redesign change because no one uses change anyway. I do have to point out the conversion of the original Eisenhower dollar coin to the Susan B. Anthony which totally ruined it! Remember? They actually made it smaller than the quarter! HAHAHAHA. It’s bad enough the dime is smaller than the penny and nickel!

Those out there might say that I am resistant to change… that’s not true. I like coins and I like change … like when they changed the Capital Gains percentage from 20% to 15% -- I’d like it even more if they did away with that double-taxation rule and cut it to 0% !!!

No comments: